Up to 70% of triathletes experience GI problems during a triathlon. The symptoms can cause mild discomfort or be so debilitating the triathlete has to withdraw. The reason GI distress is so common in triathlons is that, during intense exercise, 80% of the...
- Can The Ketogenic Diet Enhance Endurance Performance? (Part 1)
- Can Chocolate Reduce Post Exercise Inflammation?
- Does Intermittent Fasting Work?
- Transforming Your Fat Cells Into Fat Burning Engines
- What Color Are Your Fat Cells, White, Brown Or Beige?
- The Endorphin Myth
- Can A Tattoo Impair Endurance Performance?
- Too Much Pain May Limit Performance Improvement
- COVID-19 Vaccine & Endurance Athletes
- Caffeine & Sports Performance
- Can Exercise Reduce The Severity Of COVID-19?
- What Is The Best Protein Source?
- January 2021
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
Posted by Dr. Robert Portman on 8/29/2017
Posted by Dr. Robert Portman on 8/22/2017
EVERY SERIOUS CYCLIST RECOGNIZES THE IMPORTANCE of improving their power-to-weight ratio. A high power-to-weight ratio can translate into a significantly faster finishing time. There are two ways to improve power-to-weight ratio. One is...
Posted by Dr. Robert Portman on 8/15/2017
Most endurance athletes are concerned about their weight and periodically diet. Since each pound contains about 3,500 calories, if we reduce caloric intake by 1,000 calories a day, we lose about two pounds each week. Logically, the higher the daily caloric deficit, the faster the weight loss. But not all...
Posted by Matt Fitzgerald on 8/8/2017
Those among us who are athletes ourselves not only draw inspiration from the performances of these men and women but also seek to learn from them. How do they train?
Posted by Dr. Robert Portman on 8/2/2017
At PacificHealth, our mission is simple: Power Your Passion. Here’s how unleashing your passion can not only power a better body, it can power a better life.Kids know passion. They don’t have to...