In spite of the fact that the keto diet has received accolades in the popular media, many nutritionist question whether it is a healthy diet. A major new study suggests that it isn’t. The study examined nutrition and health data from 25,000 people from 1999-2010 and found that, compared to people who ate the most carbs, people who consumed the lowest amount of carbohydrates had...
- Does A Low Carb Diet Help You Lose Weight - Part 1
- VITAMIN D: The Endurance Vitamin – Part 2
- VITAMIN D: The Endurance Vitamin – Part 1
- Breakthrough in Electrolyte Replenishment
- Can Exercise Negatively Impact Mental Concentration?
- The Keto Diet and Endurance Exercise
- Is Water The Best Sports Drink?
- No Time. No Worries.
- Is The Fuel Tank Half-Full
- Is A Low Carb Diet Healthy?
- What You Should Know About Insulin
- Don't Sweat It
Posted by Dr. Robert Portman on 5/23/2019 to Performance Tip Of The Week
Posted by Dr. Robert Portman on 5/10/2019 to Performance Tip Of The Week
Few hormones are so unfairly demonized as insulin. To read the popular media, insulin is the devil- the cause of obesity, type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. A search on the internet brings up thousands of negative articles. Insulin is the driving force behind the low carb diet trend. The problem with the demonization of insulin is that it is more exaggeration than fact.