Jeff Galloway is an American Olympian and creator of the Galloway RUN-WALK-RUN™ method.The first race, from the battle site into the 1896 Olympic stadium, was determined to be 40 kilometers, or 25 miles. In 1908, the Olympics were held in London and the route was charted to start 40K outside Olympic Stadium, as in...
- Which Protein is Better for Recovery: Whey or Casein?
- Exercise And Your Gut
- Recovery Is More Essential As We Age
- Does a High Fat, Low Carb Diet Improve Endurance Performance?
- Hero Amino Acids #3 - Glutamine
- Slowing Muscle Protein Breakdown
- The Switch That Controls Lean Body Mass
- Cortisol - The Good. The Bad. The Ugly
- How Much Protein Should I Consume?
- Timing Is Everything
- Artificial Sweeteners, Diabetes and Exercise Performance
- Hero Amino Acids #2 - Leucine
Posted by JEFF GALLOWAY on 6/28/2017
Posted by Matt Fitzgerald on 6/20/2017
I’ve never been hungrier than I was when I trained for Ironman Wisconsin in 2002. I trained hard for that race—up to 20 hours a week—and the harder I trained, the hungrier I became. I like to eat, so for a while I enjoyed the increased eating I needed to do in order to quiet my tummy. But eventually my appetite became...
Posted by Dr. Robert Portman on 6/13/2017
Improved endurance is a function of three critical processes: 1) the speed in which carbohydrate is absorbed in the stomach, 2) how fast the blood delivers carbohydrate from the GI tract to muscles, and 3) the speed at which...