The enormous benefits of adding protein to a sports and recovery drink are well-documented. However, all protein is not the same. The specific properties of a protein are dependent on its amino acid profile. A question often raised in sports nutrition is whether whey or casein is more effective in a recovery drink. To answer this question researchers conducted a study looking at the effect of casein or whey recovery beverages on rehydration, an essential element of the muscle recovery process.
- Work Out Harder, Easier
- Four Minutes More For Greater Endurance
- Optimal Fueling
- Putting Appetite Back into Balance
- Muscle Adaptations. Hard to Get…Easy to Lose.
- Caffeine & Coffee – The News Gets Better and Better
- The Muscle Recovery Window
- Why Dieting Makes You Less Fit
- Which Protein is Better for Recovery: Whey or Casein?
- Exercise And Your Gut
- Recovery Is More Essential As We Age
- Does a High Fat, Low Carb Diet Improve Endurance Performance?
Posted by Dr. Robert Portman on 11/29/2018 to Performance Tip Of The Week