- Nature's Sports Drink
- DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY: WHY EXERCISE MAY REDUCE DEPRESSION
- ARE TWO PROTEINS BETTER THAN ONE?
- 5 WAYS TO PREVENT GI PROBLEMS FROM RUINING YOUR NEXT TRIATHLON
- CAN YOU IMPROVE POWER-TO-WEIGHT RATIO THROUGH CRASH DIETING?
- COULD YOU BE LOSING MUSCLE INSTEAD OF FAT? (HERE’S HOW NOT TO DO THAT!)
- HOW DO OLYMPIC ATHLETES EAT?
- THE POWER OF PASSION
- FEAR OF FRUCTOSE
- CONSIDER NUTRITION WHEN CHOOSING WHICH MARATHON TO RUN
- GIVE YOUR PERFORMANCE A JOLT
- GUEST BLOG POST BY JEFF GALLOWAY: WHY DO WE RUN 26.2 MILES?
Posted by Dr. Robert Portman on 2/14/2018
Posted by Dr. Robert Portman on 9/25/2017
NUMEROUS STUDIES HAVE SHOWN that the incidence of depression is higher in the elderly. It has been suggested that this pattern is associated with serotonin, a brain chemical that influences mood and...
Posted by Dr. Robert Portman on 9/7/2017
IN THE LAST DECADE sports scientists have made great strides in understanding how muscles work during exercise, how muscles recover, and the primary causes of fatigue. A result of this research has been the development of...
Posted by Dr. Robert Portman on 8/29/2017
Up to 70% of triathletes experience GI problems during a triathlon. The symptoms can cause mild discomfort or be so debilitating the triathlete has to withdraw. The reason GI distress is so common in triathlons is that, during intense exercise, 80% of the...
Posted by Dr. Robert Portman on 8/22/2017
EVERY SERIOUS CYCLIST RECOGNIZES THE IMPORTANCE of improving their power-to-weight ratio. A high power-to-weight ratio can translate into a significantly faster finishing time. There are two ways to improve power-to-weight ratio. One is...
Posted by Dr. Robert Portman on 8/15/2017
Most endurance athletes are concerned about their weight and periodically diet. Since each pound contains about 3,500 calories, if we reduce caloric intake by 1,000 calories a day, we lose about two pounds each week. Logically, the higher the daily caloric deficit, the faster the weight loss. But not all...