- Is The Fuel Tank Half-Full
- Is A Low Carb Diet Healthy?
- What You Should Know About Insulin
- Don't Sweat It
- Work Out Harder, Easier
- Four Minutes More For Greater Endurance
- Optimal Fueling
- Putting Appetite Back into Balance
- Muscle Adaptations. Hard to Get…Easy to Lose.
- Caffeine & Coffee – The News Gets Better and Better
- The Muscle Recovery Window
- Why Dieting Makes You Less Fit
Although the effect of caffeine on endurance performance is well documented, a recent study by researchers from South Africa investigated the possible mechanisms why. The researchers studied the effect of caffeine in two triathlons held two weeks apart. The study was conducted with male and female triathletes who trained an average of 12.8 hours per week. The triathletes consumed caffeine 60 minutes before their triathlon and time to completion data was measured.
With demands of family, work, social life and exercise, the serious endurance athlete is always pressed for time. Here’s a way to add four minutes to your workout and improve your endurance. We all know the recovery window is the 45 minute interval following exercise where the muscle’s metabolic machinery is activated. Multiple studies have shown that consuming the right combination of nutrients pays big dividends in terms of...